Translating your products or services is a proven way to improve your global sales. Indeed, according to Common Sense Advisory, “75% of buyers will choose a product in their own language rather than one in English.”
To achieve this, you will want to find and work with a professional English to French translator.
Let me help you succeed on French markets with accurate and compelling translations.
7 Reasons To Work With A Professional French Translator
I am a freelance translator and proofreader, working from English to French. Translating since 2009, I’ve first worked in a localization company for several years before offering my skills as an independent translator.
There are many good reasons to work directly with a reliable professional translator. Here are a few.
1. A Methodical Approach To Translation
I follow a strict process to produce quality translations.
- Translation draft – I write a first version of the French document, following any specific instructions given. I use advanced translation software (SDL Trados Studio) to ensure consistency
- Manual editing & proofreading – After letting the text rest a bit (so I can check it with fresh eyes), I edit and proofread it. l go over the whole translation to check its accuracy. I also make sure it flows naturally. I then check spelling and grammar, both manually and using specialized applications
- Quality assurance – Before delivery, I run my final draft through advanced tools to fix any issues left. Such solutions go far beyond what traditional spellcheckers offer: they can detect typos (including homonyms), common mistranslations of English words, grammatical errors, inconsistencies, missing numbers and punctuation, formatting issues for advanced file types, and more
- Delivery – Finally, I deliver the French translation by the agreed deadline
After delivery, I remain available for any edits and additions required. I always promptly answer such queries, so you can meet your deadlines.
2. Quality Given Priority
Tailored services – First of all, I will learn about your product or service and prepare a glossary as well as a style guide. We also discuss your specific needs at this stage.
Grammar, conjugation, terminology and spelling mistakes turn prospects away and give a poor image of your company. I always proofread my texts and check them with advanced tools to fix any issues. Give your prospects a professional image, and improve your sales.
Punctuality – Timing is crucial when it comes to the release of your products. I always deliver and answer support requests in time.
Localization expertise – As an industry expert, I understand every aspect of the process. I will assist you every step of the way, from file preparation to text integration. I can also handle texts in most file formats, from Office documents to InDesign files. That also includes common programming languages, particularly the ones used for websites. Complex document types are not an issue either: brochures, presentations, booklets, packaging, flyers and other marketing assets are in good hands
Experience – My clients include prestigious companies from various industries. Enjoy the same quality standards as market leaders. It also means I know how to help you get the most of your translation projects. For example, if you are translating a website for a business, I will follow SEO and copywriting best practices for its French version
3. Working With A Freelance Translator Offers Many Advantages
Working with a translation agency can be tempting in terms of project management. However, hiring a professional French translator directly will benefit you in many ways:
- Lower costs – No middlemen, no agency fees. Freelance translators simply offer more competitive prices.
- Quality and consistency – With an agency, you never truly now who takes care of your text. It can result in great variations in style and tone. With a single provider, you eliminate consistency issues and client complaints.
- Quick and smooth communication – Need a quick answer? Then talk directly to the translator in charge. You will be able to convey your needs faster and easier.
4. Expert Services Take The Strain From Your Shoulders
Once I have the texts you need translated, simply sit back and relax. I also share articles to help you optimize the process. They cover various topics to help you reduce costs and apply best practices. Follow these tips now and make the most out of your global initiatives.
- Best practices for software localization
- 12 tips to reduce localization costs
- Internationalization checklist
5. A Proven Track Record In The Localization Industry
I have successfully been working with various types of partners: individuals, companies small and large, well-reputed translation agencies, fellow professional translation service providers and more. Here are just a few quotes from satisfied customers who kindly accepted to share their feedback publicly:
From the first project to our 4th now, Anthony has been professional, dependable, and always ahead of the deadline with highest quality. I hope we can keep you busy enough to keep you away from our competitors!
Our company has been cooperating with Anthony for already several years and we regret we have not still left a positive feedback. Anthony is a wonderful translator, always ready to help and gives high quality results. Besides high qualification level Anthony has wonderful communication skills which makes working with him benefit and pleasure at the same time.
Responsive and reliable translator.
It was a great experience to work with Anthony with English-to-French translation. Thank you for being prompt and scrupulous!
Direct localization of our web page files in HTML and PHP format went smoothly. Job was delivered very quickly and accurately. Superb service!
You will find the complete list and details here.
6. Free Services And Machine Translation Simply Aren’t Up To Par
Machine translation has made certain progress over the past decade, most experts agree on that. As such, online services offering automated translation can have their uses. However, they are still far from offering the same degree of quality as human translators. Results tend to be unpredictable, sometimes to comical effect. It is not much of an issue if you just want to understand the general meaning of a document, but much more so if you plan to use your translated texts for publication or any business purposes. Automated translation mistakes causing dramatic issues are making news on a regular basis.
For any professional needs, a reliable specialist will always be the best French translator you can find.
7. Transparency And Responsiveness: Let’s Get Started Now
With no intermediaries, we can communicate directly and get things moving as soon as you decide.
Ready for your next translation project? Then contact me by e-mail or use the form below to learn more about my services and ask for a quote. I will answer within 24 hours.
If you already have documents ready at hand for translation, please attach them to your quote request. If you are only inquiring ahead of a project, it would help me immensely to know the subject of the source text, its file format, expected word counts and any specific needs you may have in terms of time frame and delivery format.
I will be happy to answer any doubts you may have regarding the localization process. Let’s look at your needs together and find out how can make your globalization initiatives work for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you ensure the quality of your translations?
All translation jobs and projects come with different needs. If you have a specific style in mind or existing localized materials, we can discuss it and establish a style guide and bilingual glossary that I will follow carefully. I also work with unique translation memories (TM) for each client. The use of a translation memory allows me to further ensure consistency in translated materials, even when translations are spaced out in time.
I follow a strict quality assurance that includes manual proofreading and automated checks with the latest solutions of the trade.
Do you also offer interpreting services?
Interpretation is a different discipline altogether. I do have some interpreting experience and I may be able to help depending on your needs, but can’t guarantee it. In any case, however, I will be happy to help you find a qualified candidate for your interpreting projects.
Do you offer transcription services?
Yes, I offer French verbatim and edited transcription services. Please e-mail me with details for a quote.
Do you offer copywriting and localized SEO services?
Yes, I offer French copywriting/creative translation/transcreation/localized SEO services. Please e-mail me with details for a quote.
Are you an native French speaker?
Yes and I only translate into my native language. Although many freelance translators claim to be bilingual linguists, most of use have a language we’re more comfortable with. I grew up in France speaking French, which is why I focus on translations from English into French and not the other way around.
Are you interested in in-house jobs/contracts with a fixed salary?
I only offer freelance services, although I may provide them on-site in the context of a freelance contract. I define rates after taking various factors into consideration, rather than asking for a determined salary or hourly fee. Recurring projects are much welcome, but I can only book my time and guarantee my availability for confirmed jobs. If you are looking for a translator who can work a fixed number of hours every week, you will want to hire an in-house employee.
- What is your turnaround time?
- Can you accept urgent projects?
- What are your rates? Do you offer discounts?
- My budget is tight, can you help me?
- Do you offer a guarantee?
- Do you translate from French to English as well?
- Can you translate all types of content?
- What payment options do you offer?
- What do you need from me?
- Do you guarantee security and confidentiality of my data?