Reach new markets with professional translation services
Various studies show that potential customers are much more likely to buy your products if they are available in their native language. If you want to expand your business abroad, the first step will be to find a professional French translator to guide you. The path to localization is a tricky one, and you will want to find the right partner to get the most out of it.
Who I am
I am an experienced freelance English to French translator and proofreader specialized in IT, software and technical translations. After graduating from university, I worked for a software localization company for several years, and I have been offering my services as an independent translator since 2011.
What my services include
- Translation draft: I start by writing the first version of the target document while paying attention to any specific instructions given
- Manual editing & proofreading: After letting the text rest a bit (to be able to edit it with fresh eyes), I will go over it one more time to check its accuracy, make sure it flows naturally and eliminate any mistakes
- Quality assurance checks: Before delivery, I will check my translation with a number of advanced tools to fix any issues left after the proofreading step: typos, grammatical errors, inconsistencies, missing punctuation and numbers, etc.
- Delivery: I will deliver the translated and checked file by the agreed deadline
After delivering translated texts, I remain available for any edits required or extra parts you may have forgotten to include in the original project. I make sure to answer such queries as soon as possible, so you can still meet your deadlines.
What makes my services different
Accuracy and specialization: As a localization professional, I am familiar with the terminology and writing style typically used in the industry. Your customers won’t get confused because of approximate or ambiguous translations – thus no need to spend hours writing support e-mails because the translated instructions weren’t clear enough.
Quality: Studies show that grammar and spelling mistakes can turn prospects away and give a poor image of your company, which can have long-lasting negative effects. I always proofread my texts and analyze them with advanced quality assurance tools to ensure they are free of mistakes/inconsistencies. You will give your prospects a professional impression, leading to improved sales.
Punctuality: Timing can be crucial when it comes to the release of software or hardware products. This is why I always deliver promptly and answer support requests in a timely manner. No headaches, and no delays.
Localization expertise: As a former software developer and IT professional, I have a perfect comprehension of the localization process as a whole. If you are not sure how to handle it, I will be able to assist you every step of the way. I can also translate texts included in most file formats, from Office documents to Illustrator files.
Experience: HPE, EMC, Cisco, Microsoft, ASUS, Philips, Sharp… I am working with prestigious companies covering various industries. I will provide you with the same quality standards, so that you can compete with market leaders. For a more complete or specific list of clients, feel free to contact me and I will share examples of clients by industry. I can also provide you with translation samples covering various specialisms.
The advantages of working with a freelance translator
Working with a translation agency does have its advantages, especially if you are localizing in various languages. However, using the services of a professional independent translator can be beneficial in various ways:
- Lower costs: With no middlemen and other fees typical of agencies (overhead, administration…), independent translators can offer more competitive prices. They can also spend more time polishing their texts, as the only deadline is yours, not that of an agency (= generally much tighter)
- Quality and consistency: When you hire an agency, you can never be sure of who will take care of your French translation. If you work directly with a translator, though, you know who you are talking to. Your projects are handled by a professional of the industry. And with a single provider, you eliminate the risks of inconsistencies, which can confuse your clients (=higher support costs).
- Quick and smooth communication: If you are in need for a quick answer regarding the localized texts, you can talk directly to the linguist who has been working on the files. It also facilitates communication when it comes to specific needs or requests you may have for the translation, resulting in better quality.
“I don’t know much about translation, nor how to make it cost-effective”
If you are new to localization, no worries. Besides the advice I will offer for free when you reach me, here are a few articles that may help you get started. I write about a wide range of topics to help my partners, from how to ensure a smooth localization process to cost reduction. Follow these tips and best practices, and you will be able to make the most of your globalization initiatives.
To learn more about my English to French translation services or ask for a quote, you can contact me by e-mail or use the form below.