Reach new markets with complete and reliable translation services
As various studies show, potential customers are much more likely to buy your products if they are available in their native language. If you want to expand your business abroad, professional English to French translation services are a no-brainer. However, the path to localization is a tricky one, and you will want to find the right partner to get the most out of it.
Who I am
I am an experienced and independent English to French translator specialized in IT. After graduating from university with a degree in IT, I have worked for a software localization company for several years, and as an independent translator since 2011.
IT is a vast industry. I provide services for the following specialization fields:
- Software and related manuals: From software UI and error messages to user manuals
- Applications: iOS, Android, Windows Phone and other mobile phone applications
- Hardware and related documentation: Computers, peripherals and devices (HDDs/SSDs, projectors, printers/scanners, cameras, etc.)
- Video games: For consoles, handheld & mobile devices, including online and social games
- Websites: In any programming language
What makes my services different
Accuracy and specialization: As an IT professional, I am familiar with the terminology and writing style typically used in the industry. Your customers won’t get confused because of approximate translations – thus no need to spend hours writing support e-mails because the translated instructions weren’t clear enough.
Quality: Studies determined that grammar and spelling mistakes can turn prospects away and give a poor image of your company, which can have long-lasting negative effects. I always proofread my texts and analyze them with advanced tools to ensure they are free of mistakes/inconsistencies. You will give your prospects a professional impression, leading to improved sales.
Punctuality: Timing can be crucial when it comes to the release of software or hardware products. This is why I always deliver promptly and answer support requests in a timely manner, so that you can get your products out there at the perfect time, for maximized profits.
Localization expertise: As a former software developer, I have a perfect comprehension of the localization process as a whole. If you are not sure how to handle it, I will be able to assist you every step of the way.
Complete services: Do you need a search-engine-optimized copy for your promotional website? Desktop publishing services for your user manuals? Voice-recording services for your software or game? I can provide all the services related to the localization process. Having a single provider simplifies project management, which means more time to focus on what you do best.
Experience: HP, EMC, Cisco, Microsoft, ASUS, Canon, Nintendo, Sony, Konami, Capcom… I am working with the most prestigious companies of the IT/software/video game industry. Thus, I can provide you with the same quality standards, to make your products stand out. I also am a committee member of IGDA’s LocSIG, which shares good practices about translation and localization.
The advantages of working with an independent contractor
Working with a translation agency can be a good experience, especially if you are localizing in various languages. However, using the services of a professional independent translator offers several advantages:
- Lower costs: With no middlemen and other fees typical of agencies (overhead, administration…), independent translators can offer more competitive prices
- Quality and consistency: When you hire an agency, you can never be sure of who will take care of your translation. If you work directly with a translator, though, you know who you are talking to. Your projects are handled by a professional of the industry. And with a single provider, you eliminate the risks of inconsistencies, which can confuse your clients (=higher support costs).
- Quick and smooth communication: If you are in need for a quick answer regarding the localized texts, you can talk directly to the linguist who has been working on the files
If you are new to localization, here are a few articles that may help you get started:
To learn more about my freelance English to French translation services or ask for a quote, you can contact me by e-mail or use the form below.