Reach new markets with professional translation services
Studies show prospects are more likely to buy products that are available in their native language. To improve your global sales, you first need to find a professional French translator. The path to localization is tricky : work with the right partner to get the most out of it.
Who I am
I am a freelance English to French translator and proofreader specialized in IT, software and technical translations. I learned the ropes working in a software localization company for several years. Since 2011, I offer my services as an independent translator.
What my services include
- Translation draft: I produce the first version of the target document, paying attention to any specific instructions given
- Manual editing & proofreading: After letting the text rest a bit (so I can check it with fresh eyes), I edit and proofread it. l go over the whole translation to check its accuracy. I also make sure it flows naturally. I then check spelling and grammar carefully, manually and with specialized software
- Quality assurance checks: Before delivery, I check my work with advanced tools to fix any issues left. Such solutions can detect typos, grammatical errors, inconsistencies, missing punctuation and numbers, etc.
- Delivery: I deliver the translated and checked file by the agreed deadline
After delivery, I remain available for any edits and additions required. I answer such queries as soon as I can, so you can meet your deadlines.
What makes my services different
Accuracy and specialization: As a localization professional, I am familiar with the terminology and writing style of the industry. Your customers won’t get confused because of vague or ambiguous translations. No need to spend hours writing support e-mails because translated instructions weren’t clear enough.
Quality: Studies show grammar and spelling mistakes turn prospects away and give a poor image of your company. I always proofread my texts and analyze them with advanced quality assurance tools to ensure they are free of mistakes. You will give your prospects a professional impression, leading to improved sales.
Punctuality: Timing is crucial when it comes to the release of your products. I always deliver and answer support requests in time. No headaches, no delays.
Localization expertise: As a former IT and software professional, I perfectly understand the whole localization process. If you don’t know how to handle it, I will assist you every step of the way. I can also translate texts in most file formats, from Office documents to Illustrator files.
Experience: HPE, EMC, Cisco, Microsoft, ASUS, Philips, Sharp… I work with prestigious companies from various industries. You will get the same quality standards, so that you can compete with market leaders. For a more specific list of clients, please contact me and I will share examples by industry.
Why you should work with a freelance translator
Working with a translation agency can have advantages, as it simplifies project management. However, using the services of an independent translator can be beneficial in various ways:
- Lower costs: With no middlemen and agency fees, independent translators offer more competitive prices. Thanks to the direct communication, they can also spend more time polishing their texts
- Quality and consistency: With an agency, you can never be sure of who takes care of your French translation. Work directly with a professional translator so you know who you are talking to. And with a single provider, you eliminate consistency issues, which can frustrate your clients.
- Quick and smooth communication: If you need a quick answer regarding your localized texts, you can talk directly to the one who worked on them. It also eases communication when it comes to your specific needs or requests, resulting in better quality.
“I don’t know much about translation, nor how to make it cost-effective”
If you are new to localization, no worries. Besides the advice I will offer when you reach me, I offer practical articles to help you get started. I write about various topics, from good practices to cost reduction. Follow these tips and to make the most of your global initiatives.
Contact me by e-mail or use the form below to learn more about my English to French translation services or ask for a quote.